Latest in Blog:
African American Family Services works with individuals, families and communities impacted by addiction and mental illness. From our holistic standpoint, we provide culturally-specific chemical and mental health services that impact family preservation and promote community-based change and wellness in the African American community.
Our mission is to help the African American individual, family, and community to reach a greater state of well-being through the delivery of community-based, culturally specific chemical health, mental health, and family preservation services.
We will act as the preeminent thought and research leader on African American behavioral health and wellness.
- We believe that culture matters.
- We believe in a holistic approach, emphasizing wellness and treating the whole person with dignity and respect.
- We believe in developing people's strengths, not focusing on their weaknesses.
- We believe it is our responsibility to be of service to our communities.
- We believe in innovation.